Happy Monday, darlings! As you probably know, we are a fan of making new starts on Mondays, and as it is the first Monday of 2015, I thought I’d put into effect my New Years resolution of eating better for my body! Earlier this week I had this amazing bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese from a cute cafe downtown. I absolutely loved this little breakfast dish, but it isn’t necessarily on my list of things “okay” to eat for 2015, so I decided to take my favorite elements of this breakfast sandwich, and make one that is paleo and gluten free! The ultimate breakfast- a smoked salmon and egg avocado!
Ingredients:-2 avocados -4 eggs -red pepper flakes -smoked salmon -red onion -fresh dill
1. Slice avocados in half length wise. Take out the seeds and scoop out enough of the avocado so that an egg will fit in the hole.
2. Fill the hole in the avocado with smoked salmon.
3. Crack an egg into the hole of the avocado, being careful that the avocado does not tip and dump out the raw egg.
4. Bake the avocado boats in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
5. Garnish with fresh dill, sliced red onions, and red pepper flakes. Now time to devour!
So go get your gourmet healthy breakfast on, and start this week off right with the most fabulous Monday!!