Well well well, darlings, it’s that time of year again! Time to make the idea of going back to school again or work again just a little more fab and a lot more glam! This month’s DIY post is all about how to glitz up your desk supplies whether that be in the office, for class, or even just at home!
For my desk supplies, I stuck with a color scheme: gold with touches of pink. The metallic gold not only makes work seem glam, but helps sparkle up my work space!
Here’s the step-by-step to the ultimate darling DIY desk supplies:
1. Srounge up some old desk supplies that need a little bit of updating. Mine included: a stapler, tape dispenser, ruler, composition books, clip boards, oversized paper clips, scissors, a letter organizer, and a mini storage box! I also included a “J” to decorate my space and claim my desk as my own!
2. Now for the extras: double sided tape, masking tape, spray paint, festive paper, and fun decals!
3. Be sure to get a “good” spray paint that will not leave a sticky residue- I chose this gorgeous 24K Gold Metallic finish spray paint!
4. Now, darlings, time to bust out that masking tape! Securly tape off all of the areas that you do NOT want to be spraypainted- ie the actually cutting part of the scissors.
5. Spray the can evenly and thouroughly over the items to be glammed.
6. Once the spray paint dries, pull off the masking tape for the finished product!
7. Now it’s time to add some color to the clip boards! Find a fab piece of decorative paper for the clip board and measure to size.
8. Add double sided tape to the clip board to secure the decorative paper.
9. TA-DA! You now have fab clip boards!
10. Now onto the composition books. Tape off the outer edge, and use a Sharpie metallic marker or spray paint to add some color to the binding!
11. Add the decorative paper to the covers for instant DIY notebooks!
12. Time for a little personalization! I bought “J” from Michael’s Arts and Crafts for only 99 cents! Time to add some pizzaz. using a pen, trace the shape of the letter onto the paper you wish to cover it!
13. Cut out the drawn shape, and use double stick tape to attach it to the letter.
14. Now add some fab decals for some personalized touches!
15. Be impressed with your finished product!
Now it’s time to add your new DIY desk supplies to your work space and get inspired!
So, darlings, pick a color scheme, roll your sleeves up, and get jammin’ on the glammin’! I feel fab every time I sit at my desk now- instant inspiration for the dedicated student, busy workaholic, and creative blogger!