Happy FriYAY dolls!!! You know what that means- cheers to the end of a fab week and the start to an even more fab weekend! What shall we cheers with, you ask?? Um, only the best cocktail ever- a basil blueberry margarita! Can you say ahhh-mazing?! We kind of need to throw a party just to serve these and show off how tasty they are! (Not to mention so so pretty!)
-a handful of fresh basil leaves
-1 carton of fresh blueberries
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1 cup of water
-2 limes (approx 2 oz lime juice)
-4 oz of tequila
-1 oz orange liquor (triple sec, etc)
-kosher salt for rim (if you prefer sweeter margarita you can use sugar instead for the rim!)
1. Let’s start with the basil and blueberry simple syrup! Bring 1 cup of water, a handful of fresh basil leaves, and 1/2 cup of sugar to a boil. Let simmer slowly until it turns to a syrup like texture. Remove from heat.
2. Take fresh blueberries and pulse 2-4 times in a blender or food processor. Personally, I like to crush them as little as possible because I love the small blueberries chunks opposed to a purée!
3. Once basil/sugar/water mix has cooled, add blended blueberries to the simple syrup.
4. Now, add kosher salt (or sugar if preferred) to the rim of the glasses.
5. In a cocktail shaker, mix 1/2 cup simple syrup mix, lime juice, tequila, orange liquor, and ice. Shake until well mixed.
6. Evenly distribute contents of cocktail shaker over ice into two glasses. Garnish with fresh basil, blueberries, and lime wedges and serve immediately!
Photos by: me
Recipe by: me
Consumption by: me
Happy FriYAY y’all! Praying you all have the most amazing weekends! I think Fall is having an identity crisis and thinks it’s Summer or something with this gosh dang heat wave! Oh well- perfect excuse to cool down with some blueberries… Never mind that they’re paired with tequila ;P your fruits and veggies all in one serving- cheers to that! Now go enjoy a cocktail! 🙂