You just won the lottery, got your dream car, AND the dream boy you’ve been smitten with since the moment you laid eyes on him is asking you out on a date, and-
BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!!
There it is: the dreaded alarm. To snooze or not to snooze…that is the question. Monday mornings can be daunting! You’ve just had a too fun weekend, possibly an all-night study sesh, or even put in extra hours to be prepared for a hectic work week. In any case, you’d kill for a few extra minutes of sleep (and maybe a little bit more time with dream boy). Go ahead and let the snooze button tempt you into a little more beauty sleep- because we have all of the tips you need to look fabulous and ready to take on your Monday in 15 minutes or less!
- OUTFIT ON STANDBY– each season, put together one stylish outfit that makes you feel empowered and ready to take on the day. Make sure it is ironed, stain-free, and ready to wear in the corner of your closet for an early Monday where the snooze button got the best of you. We girls tend to be indecisive, and the early morning fog in your brain can’t help the “I have nothing to wear” situation! Save yourself the five minutes of having a staring contest with your closet by keeping your emergency outfit on standby. [2 MINUTES]
- MESSY HAIR, DON’T CARE– Save time by skipping the shower and instead reach for the dry shampoo! Run a brush through, pull up to a high pony, and then embrace these two words: sock bun. Not only is the sock bun incredibly easy and quick, but it looks professional and stylish! [3 MINUTES]
- MINIMIZE THE MAKEUP– We may be biased, but truth be told- lipstick does wonders! With a bold red lip, there’s no need for the highlighting, bronzing, shadowing, and eye-lining…let the lips speak for themselves! Now put on a coat of volumizing mascara to open up your tired little eyes and you’re good to go! Oh, and don’t forget to rub some tinted moisturizer on your cheeks as you’re running to your coffee pot! [4 MINUTES]
- ENERGIZE– Save yourself the trip to Starbucks and the long line of other Monday morning zombies by brewing your own cup of Joe at home. While waiting for your coffee to brew, enjoy a quick breakfast. For a quick and easy parfait: grab a yogurt from the fridge, sprinkle on some granola, and pile on the blueberries. Blueberries are proven to reduce stress and increase learning capacity- the perfect brain food to start Monday off right! [5 MINUTES]
- GRAB THE LOUIS V AS YOU LEAVE– Keep your purse, briefcase, or book bag by the door with all of your essentials safely tucked inside. I can’t tell you how much of my morning is spent printing out a last minute presentation or searching for the car keys… save time by making sure everything is prepared and ready to go the night before. [1 MINUTE]
Now pick up your purse, look at your watch, and let out a sigh of relief- because not only are you running early, but you got to have a nice little bonding experience with your snooze button! Not a bad start to a Monday morning huh? So go ahead- cave in and push the snooze button tomorrow morning… we dare you.