I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Well let me tell you, you’ll definately be screaming YUM to this 1 ingredient, guilt-free, bikini body friendly, paleo, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and overall DELICIOUS ice cream recipe! So what’s the secret single ingredient?! Bananas! Not only is this ice cream not bad for you, but it’s actually good for you! Bananas are loaded with potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, and more! Aside from being so healthy that you could eat the ice cream for breakfast (which I literally did this morning), it’s frickin’ tasty! The ice cream is great as-is, or you can make up your own flavors and variations like I did! This guilt-free ice cream recipe is perfect for indulging in dessert and still keeping that bikini bod in check for summer!
What You Need:
-2 Bananas (makes one serving, double triple or quadruple banana count for more ice cream!)
-Food Processor or Blender
-Extra add-ins for different flavors and variations if desired (see list below)
1. Peel Bananas and freeze in Ziploc bag or sealed container overnight (until frozen solid)
2. In food processor or blender, put 2 frozen bananas in blender (along with any add-ins for flavors and variations), and blend on high or “ice cream” mode. My blender has an “ice cream” setting that blended for approximately 35 seconds.
3. Blend or process until smooth.
4. Eat immediately, or put in container and freeze for future enjoyment!
Flavors I made:
1. Banana (basic recipe)
2. Coffee (basic recipe + 1 shot of espresso, childed)
3. Strawberry (basic recipe + 6 strawberries)
4. Blueberry (basic recipe + 1/2 cup of blueberries)
5. Green Tea (basic recipe + 1 scoop of matcha green tea powder)
6. Chocolate (basic recipe + 2 TBS coco powder + 1 TBS maple syrup)
From what I can tell from previews of The Bachelorette this season with Kaitlyn, there’s going to be quite some drama down the road, and all I can say is that I’ll be stress eating this ice cream every Monday night from here out to the Final Rose, I’m telling you!
So get your summer on, your healthy girl on-the-go on, and your dessert on with this tasty ice cream recipe! Bon Appetite!