Considering it’s almost time for summer fling season, we thought we’d give you a little glimpse into what you have to look forward to when you’re out there making your selections. And by “selections”, yes, I mean your Tinder swipes- because why go to a bar and meet someone this summer, when you could just go to a bar glued to your phone, swipe right and left a few times and then find that the guy at the bar next door is your knight with shining armor (or at least your knight with a free cocktail)? Tinder: the online version of a bar scene, where cheesy pick-up lines are more common than Kardashian sisters on magazine covers. The other day I happened upon web forums and Twitter hashtag feeds with hilarious (and disgusting) pick-up lines from people out there just desperate to
get laid find love. These were too good not to share with all of you. After weeding out all of the inappropriate and downright gag worthy ones, we’ve compiled what we believe to be the 10 BEST worst pick-up lines on Tinder:
1. “Do you want me to hit you with a corny pickup line or can we skip the bs?”
2. “I have 4% battery remaining. I chose to message you. Did I choose wisely?”
3. “Let’s rent a port-a-potty and makeout.”
4. “On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?”
5. “You look like a female version of Nicholas Cage.”
6. “What’s your GPA?”
7. “If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one.”
8. “How are we going to tell our kids we met on Tinder?”
9. “Are you from Starbucks? Cuz I like you a latte.”
10. “I just got pulled over by a cop writing my initial response. He gave me this whole ‘texting and driving is dangerous…blah blah blah’ speech and was about to give me a ticket. But I showed him your picture and explained what Tinder was. He let me off with a warning and said I better get your number.”
And in sorting through all the cheesy, corny, and downright inappropriate, I actually happened to come across a pick-up line that actually would have worked:
“I have scars and tattoos and make a mean grilled cheese.”
Because, I mean, hello.
So, when Summer fling season comes around, and you find yourself wondering “to swipe, or not to swipe”, just remember- the masterminds behind these 10 written works of art are out there waiting for you. Get excited to get swept off your feet, or should I say, get picked-up.